M. Ed (Special Education Intellectual Disability)
Master of Education in Special Education, affiliated to Barkatullah University, Bhopal
Duration – 2 years
Level – Post-graduation
Type – Degree
Eligibility – Graduation (under 10+2+3 pattern), plus B.Ed.
Admission made through Entrance Examination. Selection on purely Merit basis.
For further details, Contact Digdarshika Institute of Rehabilitation & Research, Bhopal.
Objectives of the course
The M.Ed. Spl.Ed. programme aims to develop professionals for general as well as special education within a broad perception of education in the current millennium. The M.Ed.Spl.Ed. Course will educate and train human resources to enable them to acquire knowledge and develop competencies and skills to impart education and training effectively to all children including children with special needs.
The M.Ed.Spl.Ed. programme aims to prepare the students for the following:
- To develop skills and competencies to cater to the needs of children in general, and children with special needs in particular, in cognitive, affective and skill domains in various settings.
- To acquire knowledge about change in the prevailing and emerging Indian society in view of recent trends in education and national development.
- To equip in various techniques of teaching and evaluation in special and inclusive set up.
- To perceive the special needs of children and develop confidence in them to realize their potentials and abilities to meet the national development with self respect, dignity and freedom
Duration of the course
The duration of the Course is of four Semesters, that is, two academic years, which can completed in a maximum of three times from the date of Enrollment to the programme.
Eligibility for admission
- At least 50 % marks in B.Ed special Education (regular or distance education) recognized b RCI.
- A candidate who has successfully passed the B. Ed General course and has successfully completed a one year/two year diploma course in Special Education (MR) recognized by the Rehabilitation Council of India with Minimum 50% marks in each Course.
- Candidate with B.A/B.Sc/B.Com/B.Ed Spl.Edu. (MR) 4 years Integrated Course. OR
- A candidate having passed PG Diploma in MR with 50% Marks (Till Academic session 2014-15)
- Candidate should have a Valid RCI Registration no.
- The Reservation and Relaxation for SC/ST/OBC/PWD and other Categories shall be as per the rules of state Govt which ever is applicable.
Award of Degree
The affiliating University will award degree in M.Ed. (Special Education) Mental Retardation.
General Instruction for admission
How to apply:-
- The prospectus and application form can be purchased from college on cash payment or Rs. 300/-
- To receive prospectus and application form by post, send a DD for Rs 350/- in favour of “Digdarshika Institute of Rehabilitation & Research, Bhopal”
- The student seeking admission should fill up the application form attached with the prospectu submit in the office of Principal/ ED Digdarshika Institute of Rehabilitation & Research alon the following certificates/ Documents duly attested.
- Mark sheet of 10th with 3 copies.
- Mark sheet of 12th with 3 copies.
- Mark sheet of Graduation with 3 copies.
- Mark sheet of B.Ed. SEMR with 3 copies
- Mark sheet of PG Degree with 3 copies
- Transfer Certificate or School Leaving Certificate.
- Original Migration Certificate
- Character Certificate
- Passport size Photographs, 5 copies.
- Copy of Adhar Card with 3 copies.