D. Ed (Special Education Intellectual disability)
Diploma of Education in Special Education, Affiliated to NIEPMD, Chennai
Duration – 2 years
Type – Diploma
Eligibility – 10+2 or equivalent, and above.
The objective of this course is to prepare teachers to screen, assess and teach students with Intellectual disability and associated disabilities in individual and/or group settings.
More specifically, the objectives are to –
- Demonstrate an understanding of mental retardation by screening and conducting the educational assessment of persons with mental retardation;
- Acquaint themselves with concepts, principles, approaches and plan curriculum programs;
- Devise instructional strategies, class-room management and appropriate methods of teaching;
- Acquire knowledge of human growth, development, basic conditions of learning and motivation and incorporate this knowledge in their teaching;
- Promote integration of the person with mental retardation and associated disabilities in the family md community through positive active interaction.
- Incorporate activities in the class-room to enhance the speech, language and communication skills.
- Plan and implement programs for children with associated disabilities – autism, CP, multiple disabilities;
- Incorporate activities in the class-room to enhance motor and sensory skills through various occupational and physiotherapeutic exercises.
Students who have passed 10+2 or equivalent 50% of marks in stream are eligible for the course.
All Delhi.India online Aptitude test (AIOAT) as prescribed by the Rehabilitation Council of India (RCI), New Delhi.
As prescribed by the Rehabilitation Council of India (RCI), New Delhi.
Joining and Submission of Certificates
This is a course of two academic years during which period the selected candidates cannot to pursue any other course. Selected candidates’ should join the course by the stipulated date. At the time of joining the course, the selected candidate will have to produce (a) bond to the effect that the admitted candidate will not discontinue the course and (b) medical certificate-of-fitness from a Civil Surgeon declaring the state of present medical condition.
Number of Seats
Thirty candidates will be admitted as prescribed by the Rehabilitation Council of India (RCI), New Delhi.
Duration of the Course
The duration of the course shall be two academic years (four semesters) (220 days consisting of 1320 hrs each year , thus having a total of 440 days consisting of 2640 hours for theory and practicum)
Organization of Training Programme
There will be TWELVE theory papers and SEVENTEEN practical papers. The medium of instruction will be predominantly the regional language, however whenever the trainees are drawn from more than one State, an effort will be made to provide translated versions of the instructions in the regional languages. The technical terms describing the concepts in the lesson will be in English. The trainees will be allowed to answer the questions in the theory and practical examinations in the regional languages. In such an event, the panel of examiners will remain uniform, but will be provided interpreters for helping them to evaluate the performance of the candidate.
The daily schedule of work will be such that the morning hours from 9 a.m. to 12 noon will be devoted to the field placement and practical aspects of the training including (a) individualized program planning, (b) group teaching and training, (c)physical training, yoga, play, music , art and craft and (d) preparation of the teaching aids.
Award of Diploma
A Diploma Certificate shall be awarded to the candidates after successful completion of the Course. Provisional Passing Certificate to successful candidates will be issued by the examining body upon declaration of results. The examining body will send diploma/certificate to the respective centers for documentation purpose and for certification while applying for RCI registration
General Instruction for Admission
How to apply:-
- The prospectus and application form can be purchased from college on cash payment or Rs. 300/
- To receive prospectus and application form by post, send a DD for Rs 350/- in favour of “Digdarshika Institute of Rehabilitation & Research, Bhopal”
- The student seeking admission should fill up the application form attached with the prospectus and submit in the office of Principal/ ED Digdarshika Institute of Rehabilitation & Research along with the following certificates/ Documents duly attested.
- Admit Card of AIOAT, 2018 with 3 copies.
- Copy of Score Card of AIOAT, 2018.
- 10 h 10+12 Marksheet and Certificate with 3 copies.
- Colour Passport Size Photographs with 5 copies.
- Copy of Aadhar Card with 3 copies.
- Candidate belongs to the reserved Category has to produce original cast certificate/PWD certificate issued by the approve by the appropriate authority of the respective State Govt.
- Transfer Certificate or School Leaving Certificate.
- Migration Certificate with 3 copies (applicable for student of C.B.S.E. courses and other then M.P. Board)
- Character Certificate