B. Ed (Special Education Intellectual disability)
Bachelor of Education in Special Education, Affiliated to Barkatullah University, Bhopal
Duration – 2 years
Level – Graduation
Type – Degree
Eligibility – Graduation (under 10+2+3 pattern), and above.
Admission made through Entrance Examination. Selection on purely Merit basis.
For further details, Contact Digdarshika Institute of Rehabilitation & Research, Bhopal.
- The B.Ed. (Special Education) program aims to develop professionals for general as well as special education within a broad perception of education in the current millennium. The B.Ed. (Special Education) course will educate and train human resources to enable them to acquire knowledge and develop competencies and skills to impart education and training effectively to all children including children with special needs.
- The B.Ed. (Special Education) program aims to prepare the students for the following: To develop skills and competencies to cater to the needs of children in general, and children with special needs in particular, in cognitive, affective and skill domains in various settings.
- To acquire knowledge about change in the prevailing and emerging Indian society in view of recent trends in education and national development.
- To equip in various techniques of teaching and evaluation in special and inclusive set up.
- To perceive the special needs of children and develop confidence in them to realize their potentials and abilities to meet the national development with self respect, dignity and freedom.
Duration of the Course
The duration of the course shall be two academic years with 2 semesters in each year.
Eligibility for Admission
- Candidates with at least fifty percent marks either in the Bachelors Degree and/ or in the Masters degree in Sciences/ Social Sciences/ Humanities,
- Bachelor’s in Engineering or Technology with specialization in Science and Mathematics % marks or any other qualification equivalent thereto, are eligible for admission to the prog
- The reservation and relaxation for SC/ST/OBC/PWD and other categories shall be as per of the Central Government/ State Government, whichever is applicable.
As per RCI norms, based on merit and interview. Reservations as per Govt. rules.
Number of Seats – 25
Certification as a Registered Professional
It is mandatory for every teacher of special education to obtain a “Registered Professional Certificate” from the Rehabilitation Council of India to work in the field of special education in India. As continuous professional growth is necessary for the renewal of the certificate, the teachers as well as educators in special education should undergo in-service program periodically to update their professional knowledge. Amendments, if any, to the regulations of the course will be made periodically by the Rehabilitation Council of India.
Award of Degree
The affiliating University will award degree in B.Ed. (Special Education) Mental Retardation
General Instruction for Admission
How to apply:-
- The prospectus and application form can be purchased from college on cash payment or Rs. 300/ To receive prospectus and application form by post, send a DD for Rs 350/- in favour of “Digdarshika Institute of Rehabilitation & Research, Bhopal”
- The student seeking admission should fill up the application form attached with the prospectus and submit in the office of Principal/ ED Digdarshika Institute of Rehabilitation & Research along with the following certificates/ Documents duly attested.
- Mark sheet of 10th with 3 copies.
- Mark sheet of 12th with 3 copies.
- Marksheetof Graduation with 3 copies.
- Transfer Certificate or School Leaving Certificate. Original Migration Certificate
- Character Certificate
- Colour Passport size Photographs, 5 copies. Copy of Adhar Card with 3 copies.